With Summer ending, and the Fall season just around the corner, remember that NOW is the time home is the to put out a Welcome Matt for the Fall home purchasing season. Yes, that’s right—Fall is the perfect time to purchase a home n the Chicago land area.
Learn some important factors that you probably haven’t considered about the real estate market this Fall
• Home sellers who have had their home on the market for a while are more serious about selling, and they are probably tired with the process. They WANT to sell!
• Since these sellers need to sell their homes — they will be more open to negotiating. Often home sellers will accept a lower offer. That’s great news for buyers!
• Home purchasers receive a tax break for the current year. Property tax and mortgage interest are deductions you can take for a home purchase. Any payments that are made before the closing of the loan are tax-deductible. Be sure to check with your accountant and attorney.
• Fall is typically a calmer season for mortgage lenders, title companies and real estate professionals. This can create a unique opportunity to be the focus of the attention you want in the home buying process.
• Most people don’t consider this when purchasing a home, but Fall is a great season for retail sales. Home buyers can purchase paint, appliances, carpet, flooring, lawn mowers, and just about anything they could imagine to fix-up their new home for lower prices (especially Black Friday).
• Last but not least, are the low mortgage rates. Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, the Mortgage Bankers Association, and the National Association of Realtors are projecting that rates will increase in 2020. Some estimates put the interest rate over 5% next year. Higher mortgage rates mean higher mortgage payments. When you purchase now, your interest rate will be a an historically low price!
Contact me now to start your home search, and be in your new home by the holidays!